Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Jeepers Creepers....Where did you get those eyes?

If you're like me, standing at the makeup counter or aisle in search of a good mascara can be very confusing. Should you get lengthening, curling, thickening or non-smudging? And what is the difference between them anyway? Is there really a difference or are mascara types all hype, designed to get you to buy their product? Here are a few reviews from mascara that I have used.

Maybelline Great Lash ~ This would fall under the budget category, however, in my opinion is the best waterproof mascara on the market. It is a classic and reputed to be the best-selling waterproof mascara ever created. It doesn't clump, lasts a long time and won't come off easily.




Maybelline is going to give Cover Girl Lashblast a run for its money with their new Colossal mascara. The mega-brush and volume formula make Maybelline Colossal Volum' Express a definite must-have. Colossal has no clumping , stays in place until you wash it off and claims to make your lashes 9 times with one coating. I don't know if it was 9 times, but it was long! It washes off easily with regular cleanser and contains collagen to help thicken the lashes and as a blonde, I really need that. The brush is really big, so if you have big eyes this might not be the product for you.


Cover Girl Lash Exact ~ I have used lash exact and do like it. It does exactly what it says it does: exacting the lashes and separating them. I find no clumps or anything like that. however, I don't like how it smudges during the day. Also, it's not that big on volume. it does nicely hold a curl. I think overall the waterproof version is a great everyday mascara with minor issues.



L'Oreal Voluminous ~ I was happy with how this mascara thickened and also lengthened my lashes. It didn't clump at all. However, I always curl my eyelashes with an eyelash curler and I found that after I put the mascara on, it seemed to straighten out my curled eyelashes almost immediately. If you aren't an eyelash curler, this product would be great for you.


Cover Girl Lash Blast ~ It's fun bright orange wand really stands out and its fat orange tube is easy to hold on to. The mascara goes on smoothly and evenly, without leaving clumps. It also separates lashes and adds a very slight curl. It gives a little bit of that false-eyelash look without crossing the line into actual fakeness, and it doesn't flake. I don't think it appears to lengthen lashes as much as thickens, separates and defines them, but the product overall is good.


Win It!

One lucky reader will a Cover Girl Lash Blast!

How to Win:

1. Leave a comment here with your mascara experiences (be sure to include your email address if it is not on your profile).

Blogger Newbies: To leave a comment click on the word "comments" in caps below. There is a "comment" section after every blog post below my name. Comment under the post(s) you are interested in.

2. For an EXTRA entry, email 3 people about this contest, then come back here and leave an additional comment letting me know you did so.

Contest ends Wednesday 5/13/09 @ midnight & is open to US residents only.

7 comments:

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Mascara never seems to leave my lifeless lashes plump enough....or it dries too slowly and gets all over my face!

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

I emailed three people for you....but somehow I still need to win:)

Jessica said...

I don't like waterproof mascara...because we just don't.get.along. I can never get it off of my eyes, I repeat NEVER. So, I want a mascara that lasts through the day (and is visible) but that doesn't clump to my lashes when I'm ready to take it off.

Hailey said...

My mascara experiences. Umm... there have been terrible ones. I hate when my mascara clumps. It drives me nuts. I have really long eye lashes and can't seem to find the perfect mascara to hold them into place. I will curl, apply mascara, curl again, apply again, curl again. Nothing helps. Maybe this will!
Krystyn e-mailed me about this giveaway and I was super excited about it! Thanks Krystyn!

Unknown said...

I am glad to know about all the different kinds of mascaras that you have tried. This way I can get a personal opinion without having to spend all that money on them and then decide I don't like them. Thanks for the personal tips!

Amanda said...

I really love this mascara! Enter me!

Erica said...

My favorite mascara! I am actually running out right now so I could use this!cough