Monday, April 12, 2010

I''ll Drink To That!


Spring Cleaning. According to Wikipedia, it is the period in the spring set aside for cleaning a house, normally applied in climates with a cold winter.

The most common usage of spring cleaning refers to the yearly act of cleaning a house from top to bottom which would take place in the first warm days of the year typically in spring, hence the name. However it has also come to be synonymous with any kind of heavy duty cleaning or organizing enterprise. A person who gets their affairs in order before an audit or inspection could be said to be doing some spring cleaning.

This is a bittersweet time for me. I love to have a clean and organized house, but in the Spring when I have been stuck in the house for months, all I really want to do is get outside. I really hate to stay inside cleaning. But, the cleaning must be done.

One spot in particular that really needs cleaning is the entry way into the kitchen from my garage. It is full of scuff marks from shoes, winter boots, sporting equipment and anything else that should have been left in the garage. I found this great tip for getting scuff marks off the wall on Walmart Daily Solutions. Check it out - watch this video and click on the video for wall scuffs. Be sure to check out their other great tips too.

1 comment:

Gloria said...

I agree with you, Gwenn. Who wants to stay inside and clean when it is nice outside? And I hate to clean when it is cloudy outside....so doesn't leave much time to "Spring clean", does it!