Monday, March 8, 2010

What a Night at the Oscars!


Did anyone watch the Oscars the other night? I didn't but, we talked a lot about it yesterday at work.

I was sadden to hear that poor Farrah Fawcett was dissed again, first by the media when Michael Jackson died, overshadowing her death, and now the Oscars! I was happy however, to hear that Sandra Bullock, won two awards this weekend.

Sandra Bullock won best actress for her role in "The Blind Side" at the Oscars. In the same weekend, she won an award for worst actress. That award came at the Razzies, which celebrate awful movies, including Bullock's "All About Steve." She accepted her Razzie in person, the first worst actress to do that in years. She gave everybody at the ceremony free DVDs of "All About Steve," and she asked them to re-watch and reconsider.

After the ceremonies were over, she announced she had plans to put both statues on display in her home for the world to see. She said:

"They're going to sit side by side, as they should. You know we're in the entertainment business. That's what we're supposed to do. You take the good with the not so good…I had the best time at the Razzies… It is what it is and, you know, it probably means more that both of them (awards) happened at the same time because it's the great equalizer. Nothing ever lets me get too full of myself. It quickly chops me off at the knees, and I like it that way because it keeps things stable…They'll sit side by side in a nice little shelf somewhere; the Razzie maybe on a different shelf, lower."

Now that's a girl who keeps things in perspective!

2 comments:

Gloria said...

Good for her! Nicely said.

Karen said...

That's why I love her!