Monday, March 29, 2010

Have you filled out your Census form yet?


By now, most Americans have received a copy of their census form, and the government is currently stressing the importance of filling out this document.

It asks a lot of questions and putting that information in the mail makes me a little nervous and although I am sure I have done this at some point in my life, I couldn't really remember what it was for, so I did some research. Here is what I found out ~

That we can't move forward until we mail it back. That's why it's so important that we fill in the form and promptly mail it back. Census information affects the numbers of seats our states occupy in the U.S. House of Representatives. And all types of people use census data to advocate for causes, rescue disaster victims, prevent diseases, research markets, locate pools of skilled workers and more.

In doing the math, it was easy for me to see what an accurate count of residents can do for my community. Better infrastructure. More services. In fact, the information the census collects helps to determine how billions of dollars of federal funding each year is spent on infrastructure and services like, hospitals, job training centers, schools, senior centers, emergency services, bridges, tunnels and other-public works projects.

So, be sure to help out your community and send it back!

1 comment:

Gloria said...

I will fill it out when I receive it!