Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Get Paid to Party?


The other day, I got an invitation from a friend to attend a "Party of Gold." It appears "gold" parties are popping up all around and I am the only one who doesn't know about them.

These parties are similar to the Tupperware parties of the 1980's. The host of the party invites all of his/her friends, family and neighbors over for a Party of Gold - where people bring all of their unwanted or broken gold jewelry and sterling silver (although my invite didn't say anything about silver) to sell for cash!
There is a certified gold buyer at the party who appraises the items and cut you and your friends a check on the spot.

Not only does the Party of Gold representative make on the spot appraisals and settlements for your gold & silver items, but they also help plan your Gold Party from start to finish.

The party reps are certified gold & silver buyers who offer true market value for your jewelry, based on the weight and purity of your items.

It seems like a fun and easy way to sell all old, unwanted or broken gold jewelry that's been sitting around collecting dust!

Although, I probably only have about $7 worth of unused gold sitting around in my jewelry box (a few broken earrings), I am planning to attend her party on the 17th. I will be sure to get back to you and let you know what I find out. If it ends up being fantastic, watch out, you may find yourself invited to mine very soon. Does anyone have any gold they want to donate to me? LOL!

1 comment:

Gloria said...

If I were home I could probably find some stuff for you. Let me know how you make out.