Sunday, April 26, 2009

Silent Sunday

Most bloggers seem to have a day where they stop blogging with words and blog with pictures. I've always liked that idea, so thought I'd give it a try. Starting today, I am going to dedicate Sunday to "Silent Sunday," where I will just post pics with a brief description.

Here goes my first, Silent Sunday.
We took advantage of the great weather here on the east coast and took the kids and dog to the Salmon River for a bike ride and picnic. I love these "simple" trips because they help us reconnect.

And we're off!

And we're back! Waiting...for Blue. It was a long ride. The Salmon River

Arriving at the river's edge.

Hannah ~ We told her it was too cold!
Victoria ~ loves her picture taken.

Casey ~ skimming rocks.
I beat him in skips.
He hates that. LOL!
Me and Mike My kids.....

....... laughing because I am standing on a very tall rock!

.....getting along splendidly!
......standing on the only tiny patch of land in the middle of the river.
"So nice to see them standing so close together." Wink, wink.

It's findings like this that let you know as a parent, you really are doing something right.
I found this one in my daughter's pics and love what she had pasted to it.
Saying reads, "There is a little boy inside the man who is my brother.
Oh, how I hated that little boy. And how I love him too. ~ Anna Quindlan

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That looked like so much fun! One thing I miss about up north is all the places like that you can go and just hike or bike. We'd die doing that in Florida with the crazy heat lol.

Gloria said...

I enjoyed this blog. Nice pictures. Great way to spend a beautiful Spring day!

Anonymous said...

Oh I love these pictures! I am going to show them to my kids. A "Silent Sunday" is a nice idea. I think I will suggest this to my family even if we just stay home! Shhhh!! When do you find the time to do all you do? Do you sleep at all? I love your site. Karen