Saturday, February 20, 2010

Does the Devil really wear Prada?


Since December I've wanted to purchase Sheer Cover. You know the makeup that promises an "exclusive formula of light reflecting minerals that blend magically with your skin's natural oils for perfect coverage that's amazingly light."

However, every time I save the extra $30 needed for the makeup and not the household budget, I end up spending it on something else. Frustrated by that fact that a 40-something, I need makeup and going without really is NOT an option, I headed to my local CVS to search out a good, but much less expensive alternative.

After what seemed like hours in the makeup section of CVS, I chose "Mineral Power" from Maybelline. Nope, that is not a typo. Mineral "Power," not Powder. Mineral Power, like most powdered foundation, is very light and leaves your face feeling like you aren't wearing anything. It doesn't have that heavy feeling of liquid makeup, and does a great job of covering blemishes and red marks. And, at $10.00, how can you go wrong. Love it!

The longevity of the makeup seems pretty decent too. I am not a fan of reapplying makeup while at work and never once felt that it was even necessary. Mineral Power was a one step process in the morning to conceal and voila I was out the door for the day!

Although I still may someday give Sheer Cover a try, for now Mineral Power gets my vote. The best part is when I need to replenish my supply, a quick trip to my local pharmacy or retail chain is all that's needed. No online or phone order with the extra S&H, not to mention the wait time. I am never that organized.

Remember, you don't have to pay a lot to look good. You just need to shop around for alternatives. I have even seen Mineral Power at Walmart for around $7. Now, that's a bargain!

1 comment:

Gloria said...

Gwenn, Sounds like you did your homework. Thanks for sharing.