Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Move 'em on, head 'em up. Head 'em up, move 'em on.....

Remember the theme song 'rawhide,' lyrics by Blues Brothers?
That is what I am going to feel like at about 4am tomorrow morning. We are finally heading to Florida for my niece's wedding and this will be my last post for a couple of weeks.

Ironic really, we are leaving one, "it's about time" sunny state for another sunny state, when the sunny state we are leaving hasn't been sunny in weeks. Now, it's finally going to be sunny, and we are leaving. Not to mention the sunny state we are heading to is recording temps in the 100s. OMG!

Anyway, I can't wait to see both of my sisters and their families and I am really looking forward to seeing my niece tie the knot. I am so happy for her. Like her mom and dad, Lindsay and George are also high school sweethearts! How cute!

We are planning to drive most of the way, only stopping once to sleep, so I probably won't have much of an opportunity to take many pics of my trip. If I see something that I think you will enjoy however, I will be sure to capture the moment.

While planning our trip, I stumbled upon this great AAA gas calculator. If you have any trips planned, you need to check it out. All you have to do is enter your start city and destination then the make, model and year of your car and it calculates the gas price for you. According to this calculator, we will spend $347.60 on gas. It sounds like a lot of money, but it sure beats the price of flying times five! I'll be curious to see how accurate it is upon our return. If I remember to keep the receipts that is.

Stay safe and come back to see me in July!

4 comments:

karen said...

Happy Trails to you all. Have a safe trip. I'll call you at 5am. Everyone keep your phones on!!!!!!!!
Love, Karen xo

deborah said...

I'll be working...& awake ...but why -o-why would you be up at that hour Karen?
Gwenn, safe trip.

Gloria said...

Have a safe trip and I will see you again in Florida. I feel kind of guilty flying and getting there in just 3 hours! Well, at least the kids can say that they have been to or through quite a few states! Keep in touch along the way.

Unknown said...

See you guys soon!! Love you and have a safe drive xoxo