Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Maybe I Shouldn't Put All My Eggs in One Basket


Hey there! I am writing to you because I want to WRITE. No, I don't want to write informative helpful articles about things nobody outside a 2-mile radius of my house is interested in. I just want to write. You know, stuff I hate or like, things I think about or hear about, things that make me happy or things that make me angry. You know, just Spoutin' Out kind of stuff.

I am not loving my other gig. It's not much fun and it's hard. My news has to be local, but I work full time, so don't have time to interview people at local events, which I love to do, but can't. I keep trying to make my articles locally based pulling from research I have completed, but they keep telling me it's not local enough, so I don't get paid. The reality is, local news is boring. Nothing happens in my town. Nothing anyone wants to hear about anyway.

My life is a series of strange dilemmas isn't it? They are never too stressful, thank God for that, they are just strange. I am not sure what I am going to do going forward. I suppose I will keep trying to please them, but I miss all of you and I miss my blog. My blog is a place where I can be Editor and Chief and nobody can tell me what they like or don't like. It's a place where I can write at the end of the day about whatever I want, and know that someone somewhere is reading it.

2 comments:

Gloria said...

I love to read your blogs. I read your other articles also, but really enjoy this site. Where do you find the time? You amaze me. Best of luck with "your other venture" also.

Radical Reina said...

Yeah look for another place to write for. Maybe if you dress up like a chicken and walk around the block everyday at the same time, maybe right after dinner, you will get some really interesting local material.

I also think you could start conducting sociological experiments, such are people in evergreen walk in S.W. nicer then people in the buckland mall in manchester? You could test this by getting in peoples faces and saying good morning to them and see which one gives you a kinder response. Or you could go to S.W. Stop and Shop and drop your keys pretend you didnt know and see if the people help you. Generally when I come back from other countries I am amazed at the lack of human contact and concern we have for eachother especially in new england.

People look at you like you should be in a padded room if you say hi to them in a public setting OMG. GOOD LUCK!