Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Change of plans

I know I said I was going to blog about cellulite all week, but it's depressing me and honestly it's boring! So, I am pulling rank and changing the subject. Can you pull rank on yourself?

Yesterday was Hannah's 9th birthday (my baby). It's a tradition in our family to take the kids to dinner on their actual birthday, so they feel like they did something on their actual birth date. This usual hold them over until we can find a day when all family members converge on our house for a big celebration.

Hannah chose Friendly's for her birthday dinner. While we were there we met Ms. CT. She was there helping the Vietnam veterans raise money. I am not sure of the connection between the two, other than she probably has to do good things and since 10% of everything spent went to the vets, I would say that was a good thing.

Hannah had her picture taken with Ms. CT. That was pretty cool. The crown on Hannah's head is Ms. CT's Suffield crown (that is a town in CT where she lives) and the crown on her (Ms. CT's) head is her Connecticut crown.

She was really sweet, very pretty and older than we would have expected. While talking to her, I learned that she is 41-years old and has 3 teenagers! That is really cool! It seems that she beat out a whole bunch of girls in their 20's. I bet that didn't go over very well.

It just goes to show that even us old chicks, still got it! You go girl!


3 comments:

Gloria said...

Hannah looks so sweet there with Ms CT! Happy Birthday, Hannah.

Krystyn @ Really, Are You Serious? said...

Happy birthday to Hannah!

Karen said...

What an exciting thing to happen to Hannah on her birthday! It's not everyday you get to meet a "celebrity". And she does look so cute wearing her crown.Hannah, I hope you had a great birthday!!!